As you know the new national lockdown begins 5th of November, and I am sure you are wondering if you will still be able to continue appointments with your Osteopath during lockdown.
We are pleased to let you know that Pure Health Osteopath Clinic will be staying open during this period, and that any appointments you have with us fall under the catagory of medical appointments. Therefore, you can safely and legally attend appointments with your Osteopath during this second lockdown period.
You may wonder why we had to close during the last lockdown and now remaining open during this lockdown.
There was no legislation or guidance stating we must close during the first lock down. However, us and many other similar clinics chose to shut our doors anyway. This primarily comes down to two reasons;
1) As COVID-19 is a new virus. There was very limited information on how we could remain practising whilst maintaining the safety of our clinicians and our patients.
2) There was very short supply of personal protective equipment available to us during the first lock down.
As our primary concern is the safety of every single one of our patients we decided to temporarily shut our doors.
Now with guidance in place from the General Osteopathic Council, the Institue of Osteopathy, Public Health England, and the availability of personal protective equipment. We can confidently say that we are taking every measure to reduce the risk of COVID-19 Transmission and feel our clinic is a safe place for our customers to visit.
Current Measures in Place to Reduce Risk of COVID-19:
- We will check the temperature of all attendees on arrival of their appointment.
- The clinic couch will have minimal wipeable covering on, (we recommend that you bring towel to make this more comfortable).
- To minimise cross contamination and improve hygiene, all payments need to be made by cars or bank transfer.
- To minimise contact and maintain social distancing, patients need to come to appointments alone, unless the patient is a minor in which case one parent or guardian may attend as well.
- We advise patients to bring their own face mask or scarf. We can supply masks at additional cost but discourage patients from doing this as protective equipment is in limited supply.
- We require all patients to use hand sanitiser or to wash their hands pre and post treatment.
- We recommend that all patients arrive at the time of their appointment and to wait in their car if early.
In interest of your own safety and hygiene:
- All practitioners will be wearing face-masks, gloves, aprons and face shields.
- All surfaces in the clinic are disinfected between appointments.
- The treatment room is aired regularly throughout the day to allow airborne contaminants to clear.
As a clinic we are confident with our measures in place will help minimise possible spread of COVID-19. If you have any additional questions please call for us for more information.
If you would like to book an appoint with an Osteopath in Weston Super Mare during lockdown, then please follow this link to our online booking